Followers

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Clothes I Love But Can't Afford -From Spring 2012 Fashion Shows

     I've always loved window shopping.  As a teenager, I went to malls with friends just to window shop.  I could not wait to be a grown up and be able to finally afford all the clothes I like.  Little did I know that as an adult, my taste in clothes would become more expensive too- so here I am again, all grown up with a very stable job but nevertheless, swooning over this Spring's expensive runway looks from the comfort of my computer .  I looked at hundreds of runway looks at Style.com's website and because I can't afford
these coveted pieces,  I decided to scour the internet for replicas that fit my budget.

 This Monique Lhuillier number is divine: 



From Style.com


  But with limited budget, I think I'll go with this one from Express:


HANDKERCHIEF HEM MAXI DRESS



Another one of my faves is  Cavalli's animal print maxi:


From Style.com
 Of course, it probably costs a year of wages.  So, to satisfy my craving,  I looked for one similar to it.  I came across this one by Express:


CHIFFON HALTER MAXI DRESS
  

I really love the vibrant color of this dress from DKNY:
 



DKNY Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
From Syle.com
 
However this dress from Asos fits my budget better:



Image 1 of AWear Bold Floral Dress 


D&G was all about scarf prints for spring this year:



 
D&G Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear

This particular one  would max out my credit card: 

   
                                                               D&G Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear 
  But this one from Asos :


 
      Image 1 of John Zack Belt Print Waisted Dress

    Or this one from Zara is a better fit for my budget:



      DRESS WITH GOLD PATCH

 I love the  print and color of this Anna Sui number:



                
Anna Sui Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
From Style.com



 But until I make my first million,  I probably just need to be creative and  change the belt to black on this number from Forever 21:

This peplum dress from Badgley Mishka is out of the question:
  

Badgley Mischka Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
From Style.com

This one from Asos my accountant  will approve:


                                                          Image 1 of Coast Pencil Skirt

This coral  lace dress from Alexis Mabille is dreamy but expensive: 
 


From Style.com
 
          
But this one from Topshop,  is also dreamy but will leave me some extra money for lunch:



                                                             

    So the lesson for the day is, fashion does not have to break the bank.  You just have to be very innovative to look in style and look like a million bucks without spending your life savings.  So guys, don't be fashionably broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment